Monday, July 6, 2009

A Few Marcus Reviews


Marcus' Quick Reviews and Opinions
- Posted by Marcus



Since I'm kind of in a rush today, I'm just going to throw some quick stuff in the blog for this week's entry. Don't worry, the "Epic Fail - The Story of Bungie's Plagiarism" will come in the near future, but not quite yet.

Here we go......

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is good for what it is, an Action movie CG-fest. Not a lot of depth, but enough action to keep you glued to the seat, and enough Megan Fox to keep you drooling. In certain respects, the movie hits the sophomore slump, but it's not like the Transformers were really considered "Intelligent Sci-Fi" in the first place.

Prototype is not an amazing game, but it's really good. The Web of Intrigue keeps enough replay value for those interested in the backstory, and the game itself doesn't have many technical problems that are going to bug you time and time again, like Saints Row 2. Also, I don't care what anyone else says, the story is better than Infamous' storyline. The story of Prototype pulls a lot from Alan Moore (Watchmen, Swamp Thing) and David Micheline (Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man) and has an incredibly solid concept, whereas Infamous comes across as a Brian Micheal Bendis throwaway.

UFC 2009: Undisputed is bar none the best sports game on the market right now, so I'd advise picking it up. The only issue is that many people seem to be shying away from the online play, due to the fact that Sturgeon's Law evidently applies to people who play online games as well. Still, I'd advise picking it up, mostly just because it's an excellent game.

Fight Night Round 4 sucks. Don't buy it.

Murphy's Law does not apply if you suck.

UFC 100 hits on Pay-Per-View this Saturday, so good luck to all of the fighters. If you want my predictions, I posted them in an earlier post, but I will be sure to have a post-fight entry after it's all said and done. Hopefully each fight is good, and I hope everyone enjoys it. I also hope that C.B. Dolloway defeats Tom Lawlor, though I also hope it's a good fight.

Tim Silvia is by no way, shape, or form one of the greats when it comes to MMA, so don't even try to sell me on that.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment