Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Relaxed Observations

A Collection of Relaxed Observations
Posted by: Marcus

Being a student in the summer obviously gives me a lot of down time. I get plenty of time to sit, relax, do some stuff around the house, take long naps, and all other sorts of fun stuff. Today is easily one of those days where I've got license to chill, and I figured I'd give some of my "easy chair observations" since I have plenty of time to analyze and interpret more stuff than when I hit the school year. At that point, I may be left with the hard decision of either video games, TV, or Mixed Martial Arts. A chilling dilemma, isn't it? Either way, I'm nice and relaxed, so let's get this started. Then, it's off to take a cat nap.

Fedor Emelianenko has really dissapointed me and many others. The possibility of him becoming a part of the UFC Heavyweight roster, and the possibilities of him fighting Mir, Carwin, Lesnar, Couture, or others are seemingly out the window. I don't know if he's fiercely loyal to M-1, but every single promotion that Fedor has signed with has gone under. M-1 at this point is nothing more than a leech, and Dana White saw right through them. It wasn't about sambo competitions, or judo competitions, or M-1 logos on the shorts. It was about someone wanting a piece of someone else's deserved pie. However, it's not like the UFC is dead without Fedor, but this whole schebackle puts a dent in Fedor's legend, definitely.

The Ultimate Fighter's next season could be the one thing I'm looking forward to the most in MMA right now since UFC 100 already came and went. There are already rumors circulating that Kimbo Slice got brutally knocked out in his first fight, and that it was a similar situation of the Shane Nelson/Efrain Escudero confrontation, with Kimbo being the drunk one this time, and we finally get the answer of if he's legit or not. If this is true, then it's awesome. If it's not, I'm still going to watch the show because it will answer whether or not Kimbo is legit or not, which to some people isn't definitive after EliteXC crumbled. For me, I don't think Kimbo is legit, and I'll mostly be watching the show to see him fall, and for the next big heavyweight to rise. It's exciting, to say the least.

Gears of War 2 has given a nice dose of fan service with the All Fronts Collection. For me, I got 14 new maps, and the deleted scene from the campaign, all of which had no negatives to them whatsoever. Since I'm bringing up Epic, the next game from them and Chair Entertainment is a spiritual successor to Super Metroid called Shadow Complex. It's set in the universe of Empire by Orson Scott Card, and is written by Peter David. Essentially, a spiritual successor to what is probably the best action platformer of all time, in a rich universe crafted by one of the all time great Sci-Fi writers, and is written by the man who made The Incredible Hulk one of the most incredible comic series of all time? They might as well steal my money.

Wiggers bug me. Not really for the whole "annoying douchebag" visage that they all seem to want to carry around, but it's mostly why they do it. Let's face it. These guys have obvioiusly bought into the bravado of the Hip-Hop genre of music, and for some odd reason really think that baggy pants have made them tough. Not quite sure what word they come from, but I feel a bit more threatened by the six foot four guy with twenty inch biceps than the five foot six twig with his hat on wrong. If you'd prefer a better example, who are you more threatened by: Brock Lesnar, or Junie Browning? Either way, these guys have really sold themselves on the idea that they're cool dudes, but I can't do anything more than pity them. They're just stupid people making stupid mistakes, and my tolerance for them is nil. I couldn't care less about music tastes, but it bugs me when people try too hard to steal from a subculture based on fake toughness to try and look tough. Anyone else see the irony?

Big Girls annoy me. Now, hear me out on this. I'm a big dude, but I can't date a big girl. It's not because I'm shallow (though I find it idiotic that people hate you for enjoying the site of a pretty face over a horse's ass) but it's because I hate the low standards of big girls. Most of them will siphon semen for any guy willing to pull down his pants for them. Why would I want to date that kind of a girl? Most pretty girls out there have standards and self respect. Guess what I'm in possession of? Standards and self respect. I can't be with a woman who doesn't have that, and I respect any man who says the same.

So, that's really all I've got today on the Corner. Time for me to hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment