Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Revisioning the Review

So, after talking with a friend about some issues that I'm having behind the scenes, this week's review won't really be that much of a review. More or less me taking the time to finally introduce the full backstory to Marcus the Cynic, and also getting to discuss a permeating issue with games right now, and since that issue has to do with Bioshock 2 (and the aforementioned game changed my mind about a couple of things), I'll be dusting off the Gamer Issues name.

For a while now, I've wanted to talk about "Sequelsploitation" in the video games industry, and also give the backstory of Marcus the Cynic, and how he has a talking camera, and all of his electronics are sentient. I think this is a good opportunity to do so. So, there's going to be a minor Bioshock 2 review in there, but it's by no means the meat of the video.

Also, there's something else I wanted to announce. Since I'm going to be doing a lengthy character study of the characters of Grand Theft Auto 4 in August, I think that'll be a great point to finally take a bit of a break (of sorts) from making videos. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still going to do vids, but they'll be every other week instead of every week.

Truthfully, I'm a journalist first, and a video producer second, so my writing will always be number one in my life. Also, I hate to say this, but the fact that I'm not receiving any monetary benefit from anything that I do right now is troubling to say the least. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone for this, and the economy sucks, so it's all part of life, but it still sucks.

So, that's pretty much it for now.

-Micah C

No comments:

Post a Comment