Saturday, July 3, 2010

Scott Coker is an incompetent moron.

This is something I wanted to share, and didn't want to record. As is obvious, I'm an MMA Entusiast. Today, I was reading Bloodyelbow.com (and if you're an MMA fan, you should too) and came across this little gem:


And I quote:

"My feeling is maybe Fedor should fight Alistair Overeem and whoever wins that fight gets to fight Fabricio Werdum. I would love to see that fight too, Alistair and Fedor, I would love to see that fight happen."

"Here's the thing, we just saw Fedor fight Werdum; I'm not saying we couldn't do the rematch [Fedor vs. Werdum] first but I'm saying there are a couple options on the table."

"Until we sit down with M-1, we're just talking about different options and that [Fedor vs. Overeem] is one of the options."

Hey, Scott, let me tell you something.
Come closer.
Little closer.


*ahem*

NO IT F&#@ING ISN'T!

This is the exact same bullcrap that you guys pulled with the Overeem/Rogers bout. You're putting a guy who just got smashed into a title fight?! Do you guys just not like Overeem? He's your champion, for God's sake!

Alright, let me breathe a moment, and explain my issues with this.

First, you're letting M-1 Global bully you around. They know that they just lost a bargaining chip with Fedor losing, and are trying to salvage it by putting Fedor in a title shot. Why would you want to let them do that? It's obvious that you're not a huge fan of dealing with M-1, and nobody can blame you for that. Right now, you have the power to make the deals provided Fedor isn't in the top five heavyweights anymore. Take advantage of it.

Second, does your title picture mean jack to you? Let me tell you this right now. When a champion sits cageside to watch a fight between the top two contenders for his title, he wants to fight the winner. Why? Because the winner won the fight. Here's what you're telling Werdum with this statement.

"Hey, Fabricio. Yeah, nice to talk to you. Oh, by the way, you know how you just beat the number one heavyweight in the world? Yeah, you know how you totally deserve a shot at our title? Guess what? You don't get one. Ha ha."

That's not fair to Werdum. Though I don't think he's that great of a fighter (though his BJJ is obviously fantastic), he worked very hard for that victory, and he deserves every single ounce of credit for it, including a title shot.

Finally, what does this tell your stable of fighters? What would happen if someone came into Strikeforce and completely mollywhomped Jay Hieron, and then you gave Hieron a title shot? What you're essentially telling everyone at Strikeforce is that even if you win a fight to become the number one contender, you aren't the number one contender.

I don't honestly know what Coker is thinking here, but the more this crap happens, the more and more Strikeforce is going to lose support from the Indie MMA crowd. Nice job, you incompetent waste of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment